A Singapore recycling plant faces a fine of up to $500,000 after being convicted of safety violations in a 2017 fire that killed one worker and seriously injured another.
The court found that Chaun Eng Trading failed to conduct comprehensive safety checks and risk assessments, and did not put in place adequate safety measures, the Straits Times reports.
Four workers were stationed near a machine used to compress aerosol canisters of deodorant into 20-kilogram (44-pound) bales of metal. Fans had been placed near the machine to dissipate any flammable fumes.
A fire broke out that triggered an explosion, spreading the blaze throughout the plant. Two workers suffered second-degree burns, one later dying and the other spending five weeks in the hospital.
Sentencing will occur at a later date.