One worker died of asphyxiation and two suffered serious burns in a textile factory fire Monday in Baddi, India.
Four other workers were treated for burns at a local hospital while the two seriously injured burn victims were admitted at a different hospital.
The fire broke out about 9:30 a.m. at Winsom Textile Industries located in the Nalagarh sub-division of the Solan district.
Sparks from production floor machinery is being cited as the cause of the fire. Responders battled the blaze an hour and 40 minutes before gaining control.
The fatality was found buried beneath heaps of cotton on the production floor.
See all comments