A fire at a chemical plant Thursday morning in western India has been extinguished after four hours.
At about 1:45 a.m., fire broke out in the Maharashtra city of Pune at the Shivshakti Oxalate plant, local media report. The fire station in the Kurkumbh industrial park initially dispatched two fire trucks to the scene.
The plant produces highly flammable solvents. Additional help was soon requested from Baramati, Jejuri and Pune.
Ten workers on site when the fire erupted escaped without injuries. Firefighters were able to rescue two dogs trapped in their kennels by the flames.
Fire officials suspect the fire started as a short circuit in the area where solvents are stored.
Another facility at the industrial park reported a major blaze in late May.
See all comments