At approximately 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, a fire was discovered in the boiler vacuum dust system at Minn-Dak Farmers Cooperative in Wahpeton, North Dakota.
Two employees were working in the area when the fire broke out. The employees did not require immediate medical treatment, local media report.
The local fire departments of Dwight, Wahpeton and Breckenridge were called immediately and worked with the Minn-Dak Farmers Cooperative operations and safety department to ensure the fire was contained and extinguished.
There was no risk to any employees on-site, a press release from Minn-Dak states. The boiler was shut down immediately out of an abundance of caution.
“We are very thankful for the quick response of the local fire departments,” the release states. “We are assessing the damages, but at this point, they appear to be superficial.”
Factory operations were resumed Tuesday.
See all comments